realMyst: Masterpiece Edition is an updated version of realMYST, released February 5, 2014 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Myst. Like realMYST (and unlike Myst), it features a fully rendered 3D environment.
- All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
- Full Myst gameplay and interaction
- Dynamic environments - rippling water, falling rain, waving trees & grass
- Advanced graphic effects like bloom, blur, depth of field, etc.
- Day and night - watch sunsets and sunrises, or explore at night
- Flashlight - for exploring dark nights or dark corners
- Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
- Classic Point & Click navigation option - just like original Myst
- Free roam interface option - standard navigation controls
- Zip Mode in Classic navigation - hold down to keep walking
- Auto quality option - checks your frame rate and auto-adjust your quality
- Interactive Guides - illustrates how to interact with objects
- Bring up original Myst images to compare and reminisce
- Bookmark feature to save & restore progress
- Auto-save to insure you pick up where you left off
- realMyst Hint Guide - get past that one puzzle that's got you stumped
- See realMYST's plot.